Will Humidity Affect Exotic Leather Products in Baton Rouge, LA?
You want to carry a luxury handbag, but you’re worried about the weather. You’d like to kick up your heels in alligator boots, but you aren’t sure if the leather can handle the Louisiana humidity. Do you need to be concerned about how the humidity will affect exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA?
Your concerns are not unfounded. The damp weather can, in fact, harm your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA. Fortunately, you can take steps to protect your favorite leather bags, boots and belts and enjoy them year-round. Try these tips to keep your leather looking sharp:
- Keep them dry: When you’ve been carrying a bag or using another leather product outside, let it air out once you go back indoors. Don’t stash your leather bag or boots in a closet. Place them near a fan for a while to keep the air circulating and give the leather a chance to dry out.
- Keep them cool: Extreme temperatures can damage your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA. While it’s good to dry these products, do not use direct sunlight or a heater to do so. Protect these products from harsh sun rays as much as possible, especially in high humidity.
- Keep them polished: Use a high-quality polish to restore the natural balance of the leather’s oils. This will protect the leather from moisture during humid weather. It will also enhance the product’s natural shine and extend its life.
- Keep them stored: Once your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA are properly aired, store them carefully. If you carry a leather bag, fill it with newspaper before storing to help it retain its shape. Avoid hanging the bag to store it, as this can cause damage. If storing long-term, cover it to protect it from dust and humidity.
- Keep them breathing: During rainy and humid seasons, growth of mold on leather shoes and bags is a common occurrence. This fungus can destroy your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA. To prevent this growth, treat your leather regularly and keep it aired out. If your product is already experiencing mold growth, consult with a leather care professional to receive anti-fungal treatments and color restoration methods, which they can provide.
- Keep them protected: Consider using a dehumidifier to keep the area where you store your leather products dry. Reducing the moisture that is in the air will help protect your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA when they are not in use. You can buy small, portable units for storage areas or a whole-house dehumidifier that will help keep your entire surroundings less humid.
Get More Tips
Would you like more information on properly caring for your exotic leather products in Baton Rouge, LA? The experts at Acadian Leather are here to help. We’ve been the area’s go-to source for exotic leather products since 1993. With extensive knowledge and experience, we can answer questions you have about leather care and help you keep your products in top shape. Our specialties include belts, wallets, purses, shoes, boots and customized accessories. Contact us today or stop in to discover what we have to offer.
Categorised in: Leather Care