Looking for a unique belt with an exotic leather or appearance? You can get exactly that with ostrich leather.
At Acadian Leather, we offer a wide range of exotic leather belts, purses, boots and other accessories, including alligator, snakeskin, ostrich and more.
If you’re unfamiliar with ostrich leather, here’s an overview of why it’s such an ideal material to use for belts and other types of accessories.
The benefits of using ostrich leather for exotic leather belts
Here are a few of the main reasons why ostrich leather belts have earned such a great degree of favor among exotic leather enthusiasts:
- Strength: Ostrich leather belts are known for their outstanding tactile strength. In fact, ostrich leather is one of the strongest leathers you’ll find, thanks in part to the naturally occurring oils in the leather that protect it from cracking, even under extreme temperatures or with long-term exposure to the sun. This strength comes despite a relatively light weight and surprising softness.
- Softness: It might come as a surprise, given the outstanding strength of ostrich leather, but it has a very soft, supple feel that creates a sense of luxury whenever it’s used for boots or other accessories. Despite its softness, ostrich leather will not stretch to the degree of some other types of leathers.
- Flexibility: The combination of softness and strength with ostrich leather makes it very flexible, both in terms of its physical characteristics (it can easily be bent or maneuvered) and its potential uses (it can be used in a wide range of accessories).
- Cutting: Ostrich leather can be cut into very thin layers that still remain quite strong. This allows it to be used in the creation of lighter-weight garments and accessories.
- Aesthetics: One of the main features of ostrich leather is the quill and feather socket markings found on it. This is a highly distinguishing element of ostrich leather that adds a bit to the artistry of items made with this material. The “full quill” part of the leather is the most in-demand (and thus most expensive) area of ostrich leather. Half-quill, semi-quill and smooth ostrich leather doesn’t have as noticeable of a quill pattern, which makes it not quite as highly valued.
These are the primary reasons why designers love to use ostrich leather and why consumers have been taking a greater interest in this particular type of exotic leather. There is a lot of artistry that goes into making clothing and belts with ostrich leather.
Ostrich leather belts in particular are an ideal use for this type of material. The light weight and flexibility allow for belts that are easy to use and not at all encumbering, while its excellent strength and durability allows it to hold up to daily use for a long time.
Want to know more about the benefits of ostrich leather belts and the other types of exotic leather belts we create? We encourage you to contact the team at Acadian Leather with any questions you have about our products.
Categorised in: Leather Accessories